By Sam & Sordi Woods
At the beginning of each New Year many people set themselves goals focused around health and weight loss however, what if this year you set yourself goals that didn’t require scales, calculators or trackers?
What if, for 2023 you set yourself Style Resolutions, where each month you became more confident, knowledgeable and stylish as the year progressed. If you think that you couldn’t feel stylish or that you even have a style then this will be a great exercise for you as it will get you started on your “Style Journey”. If you feel that you have a defined style and are confident in your choices then you may like to use this goal setting exercise to; push your style boundaries, broaden your knowledge or try something new.
How to set your new year style resolutions!
Keep it simple!! There, that is the best advice we can give anyone. Don’t overwhelm yourself and expect to learn and achieve everything in a few weeks. Keep it simple and set yourself one goal per month.
Below we have featured a few “style goal” suggestions in case you are stuck for ideas.
- Clear out my wardrobe and remove any clothes that do not fit me, are well worn and beyond repair Try a new shape of clothing
- Try a new accessory trend – layered necklaces, raffia earrings for example
- Wear a new colour
- Discover what my true body balance is (and we are not talking apple, pear etc. we are taking long torso, short torso, even body balance, where your hemlines should finish and the types of sleeve shapes and necklines that best suit you etc)
- List things that I like about my personality – start to reawaken the good human you are!
- List things I like about my physical appearance – this is a fabulous exercise in gratitude which lifts the spirit and confidence level no end
- Determine my “Style Words” and how they will play a part in my wardrobe and shopping choices
- Write down a new Style Affirmation each week i.e “I am wearing clothes that make me feel insert adjective and give me the confidence I know is within me”
- Try a new make up look or product
- Try a new hair style
- Flat lay my outfits and categories them into occasions i.e brunch, work, dinner dates.
Keep track of your progress and get yourself a journal, then at the beginning of each month write down and fill in the below questions.
- My Style Goal For Insert Month Is…
- How Do I Feel Before I Tackle
- This Goal
- How Do I Feel Now That I Have Achieved My Goal.
As a bonus… write a letter to your future self and state why you are setting these goals, how you feel and how you want to feel. At the end of 2023, go back and revisit the letter and see how far you have come, how much more confident you are and how your style has evolved.
Note, if you do need help or guidance achieving your Style Goals in 2023, we would love you to visit us and book in a session or join one of our workshops.
Happy New Year!
Sam & Jordi xx
Understanding styling and fashion is one thing. Having a super natural flair for making everyday people look incredible is another. Once you’ve met Sam & Jordi Woods, it’s hard not to catch their infectious passion for dressing to match your own lifestyle, personality and charisma. Through their consultancy ‘Vibrant Concepts’, Sam & Jordi have transformed the lives of thousands. Let Sam & Jordi show you how to look and feel fabulous everyday at their Style Studio in Erina – learn the art of illusion dressing, colour matching, styling, translating fashion trends and savvy shopping with their unique VC Signature Styling Systems and services that are truly personal and really work! To contact Vibrant Concepts phone 0425 221 676