Junior students at Central Coast Grammar School started the school year in a visionary new facility for Kindergarten to Year 6.
With innovation at its heart, the design means that teachers collaborate in teams within flexible spaces designed to quickly adapt to the learning needs of the moment.
The new Junior School is the latest stage in a long-term strategy to continually invest in teaching and learning infrastructure that provides optimum learning environments coupled with very high-quality teachers.
- Three buildings, one for each stage (Kindergarten to Year 2, Years 3 and 4 and Years 5 and 6), linked around a central courtyard, with each featuring age appropriate outdoor play zones.
- Separate neighbourhoods and facilities for each year group, with teachers and students connected across light-filled spaces.
- Connected learning spaces flowing from the inside to the outside environment, with entire year groups able to come together to share, celebrate and foster a sense of belonging.
- A grandstand overlooking the school’s 18 hectares of open space which is also used for assemblies and outdoor learning.
- Integrated learning technology that is instantly available.
Learning in the new school
Of course, the most important feature of the new Junior School is the amazing team of innovative teachers, excited to unlock the opportunities created by the design of the new space.
Next generation learning forms the backbone of teaching throughout the campus, with students encouraged to be actively engaged and empowered in their own learning, fostering the crucial skills of resilience and independence.
Education is guided by real world interests, exploration and curiosity.
A strong sense of connection supports both student and staff wellbeing throughout the new learning environment. Children are given fertile ground to create, connect and contribute.
See for yourself
There has been an enormous level of interest in this first-of-its-kind facility on the Central Coast.
The best way to understand the CCGS difference is to come see for yourself. Tours are held weekly and bookings can be made online at
For our littlest learners, the unique, interactive (and fun!) Kindy Explorer Tours take you and your child on a journey through our new campus. You can also talk with the Kindergarten Year Leader and Heads of the Junior School about our Kindergarten program.