Central Coast Council offices will be closed over the holiday season from close of business 23 December 2022, reopening on Monday 9 January 2023.
- Customer service – All Customer Service Centre locations will close at 5pm on Friday 23 December and reopen at 8:30am Monday 9 January.
Customers can contact Council with non-emergency enquiries, requests, reporting issues or formal feedback through our online Customer Service Centre 24/7 at centralcoast.nsw.gov.au, which will be progressed by our Customer Service Team when Council offices reopen. We have an out-of-hours emergency service available on 02 4306 7900 to call in any urgent reports such as water main breaks, sewer issues, dangerous potholes or fallen trees over roads.
- Libraries – will be closed from Saturday 24 December and reopen on Monday 9 January. Book return chutes will be closed during the shutdown period and all loans will be extended to this date. Library@yourtime at Toukley Library will be open for inducted members during this time.
- Early Childhood Education and Care Centres – will be closed on Friday 23 December and reopen on Tuesday 10 January 2023.
- Leisure Centres and Gyms: Peninsula Leisure Centre (PLC) and Gosford Olympic Pool (GOP) – Open Sun. 18 Dec. (PLC 8am-5pm/GOP 8am-4pm), Mon. 19 to Fri. 23 Dec. (5am- 7pm), Sat. 24 Dec. (7am- 12pm), will be closed Sun. 25 and Mon. 26 Dec. (24 hour member access only), opens Tues. 27 Dec. (10am-4pm), Wed. 28 to Fri. 30 Dec. (6am- 6pm), Sat. 31 Dec, (7am- 12pm), Sun. 1 to Mon. 2 Jan (10am-4pm), Tues. 3 Jan. (PLC 5am-8pm/GOP 5am-7pm).
- Toukley Aquatic Centre (TAC) and Wyong Olympic Pool (WOP) – Open Sun. 18 Dec. (8am-4pm), Mon. 19 to Fri. 23 Dec. (6am- 6pm), Sat. 24 Dec. (8am- 12pm), will be closed Sun. 25 and Mon. 26 Dec., opens Tues. 27 Dec. (10am-4pm), Wed. 28 to Fri. 30 Dec. (8am- 6pm), Sat. 31 Dec, (8am-12pm), Sun. 1 to Mon. 2 Jan (10am-4pm), Tuesday 3 Jan. (TAC 6am-7pm/WOP 6am-6pm).
- Lake Haven Recreation Centre – Open Sun. 18 Dec. (9am-3pm), Mon. 19 to Thurs. 22 Dec. (6am- 7pm), Fri. 23 Dec (6am-6pm), Sat. 24 Dec. (8am- 12pm), will be closed Sun. 25 and Mon. 26 Dec., opens Tues. 27 Dec. (9am-2pm), Wed. 28 to Fri. 30 Dec. (8am- 6pm), Sat. 31 Dec, (8am- 12pm), Sun. 1 Dec 24 hr access only, Mon. 2 Jan (9am-2pm), Tuesday 3 Jan. (6am-7pm).
- Niagara Park Stadium – will be closed from Wednesday 21 December 2022, and reopen Monday 9 January 2023.
- Grant McBride Baths – Open across the holidays with lifeguard staff in attendance 9 am to 5pm.
- Beaches – The Central Coast has 15 patrolled coastal beaches (plus Grant McBride Baths) with lifeguards on duty from 9am to 6pm, 7 days week from Monday 19 December 2022 to Sunday 29 January 2023. To see the open/close status of Central Coast beaches go to the Beach Safe website. For daily pollution forecasts and conditions for Central Coast Beaches go to the Beachwatch website.
- Waste – Residential waste collections continue as normal, including on public holidays. Woy Woy and Buttonderry Waste Management Facilities will be closed to the public on Christmas Day and New Years Day.
Additional public waste bins and increased public waste bin servicing have been arranged for major tourist areas.
- Water and sewer – Any water service interruptions are listed on Council’s website. Urgent water or sewer issues (such as a spill, leak or bubbling water) should be reported to Council by phoning 02 4306 7900 immediately so we can assess and respond as soon as possible.
- The Gosford Regional Gallery will only be closed on designated public holidays – Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- Laycock St Theatre – will be closed over the holiday season from Monday 26 December 2022, reopening on Monday 9 January 2023. You can purchase tickets online through https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/theatres/whats-on
Central Coast Council management and staff would like to wish the community a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.
For full information on Christmas and New Year events and road closures across the region, visit Council’s website – centralcoast.nsw.gov.au
Keep up to date with emergency and other Council information by following Council on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Call 02 4306 7900 for on-call and emergency services or visit centralcoast.nsw.gov.au to report an issue or lodge any non-urgent requests and enquiries.