Central Coast Council offices will be closed on the National Day of Mourning public holiday on Thursday 22 September 2022.
Some of Council’s services and facilities are impacted however essential services will continue to operate.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – partial closure
- Customers can contact Council with non-emergency enquiries, requests, reporting issues or formal feedback through our online Customer Service Centre 24/7 at centralcoast.nsw.gov.au which will be progressed by our Customer Service Team during business hours.
- We have an out of hours service available on 1300 463 954 to call in any urgent reports such as water main breaks, sewer issues or fallen trees over roads.
- Closed on Thursday 22 September and re-open as normal from Friday 23 September.
BEACHES – varied patrols (conditions dependant)
The following beaches will be patrolled on Thursday 22 September, from 9am to 5pm:
- Umina Beach
- Ocean Beach
- Macmasters Beach
- Avoca Beach
- Terrigal Beach
- Shelly Beach
- The Entrance Beach
Entrance Tower Channel
- Soldiers Beach
- Grant McBride Baths
Note: On Friday 23 September, the above listed beaches and these additional beaches will be patrolled from 9am to 5pm. include:
- Killcare Beach
- Copacabana Beach
- North Avoca Beach
- Wamberal Beach
- North Entrance Beach
- Lakes Beach
For more information on Central Coast patrolled beaches, go to centralcoast.nsw.gov.au
COMMUNITY HALLS – closed
- Closed for hire
- Closed on all public holidays This has been communicated to all families through the Centres.
GRANT McBRIDE BATHS – open (conditions dependant)
- Grant McBride Baths is scheduled to be open and patrolled 22 September 2022.
LAYCOCK ST THEATRE – closed
- Box office will be closed. You can purchase tickets online through centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/theatres/whats-on
LEISURE CENTRES AND GYMS -closed
- All leisure centres, gyms and pools will be closed on Thursday 22 September and re-open as normal on Friday 23 September (Gosford Pool and Toukley Aquatic Centre, Lake Haven Recreation Centre, Peninsula Leisure Centre, Niagara Park Stadium)
- 24 hour gym access is available at Peninsula Leisure Centre and Lake Haven Recreation Centre with appropriate access tag.
LIBRARIES – closed
- All library branches will be closed Thursday 22 September, and resume regular operations from 9am Friday 23 September.
All after hours chutes will be closed from COB Wednesday 21 September until 9am Friday 23 September.
- Access Council’s eLibrary service 24/7 via centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/eLibrary
- Toukley Library will be available to customers inducted for Library@Yourtime
- Both Gallery and Café operating under usual operating hours for Gallery, 10.00am to 4.00pm.
VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE, THE ENTRANCE – closed
- For Central Coast visitor information, go to our destination website, lovecentralcoast.com
WASTE SERVICES & FACILITIES -waste facilities open (public holiday operating hours) / waste collections operating
- Residential waste collections continue as normal on public holidays.
- Woy Woy and Buttonderry Waste Management Facilities will be open Thursday 22 September, with public holiday hours of operation of 8.00am to 4.00pm.
WATER AND SEWER SERVICES -operating
- Any water service interruptions are listed on Council’s website.
- Urgent water or sewer issues (such as a spill, leak or bubbling water) should be reported to Council by phoning 1300 463 954 immediately so we can assess and respond as soon as possible.
Frequently asked questions relating to the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and this National Day of Mourning, go to www.pmc.gov.au/frequently-asked-questions
For more information on signing a Central Coast Council condolence books, Queen Elizabeth’s visit to our region in 1954 and other information, go to our news article.