Council is hosting a variety of free workshops and information sessions this May and June to help community groups and organisations improve their grant writing skills, ahead of the Community Grants Program application period which opens 1 June.
Council’s 2023-24 Community Grants Program will open with $900,000 in annual funding available to support local community groups and organisations to deliver worthwhile projects, programs and events that strengthen our community.
Council Director Community and Recreation Services Melanie Smith, says now is the time for local community groups and organisations to register for a workshop and prepare their applications.
“All projects are valuable to the community and often funding allocation comes down to the strength of the application,” Ms Smith said.
“While we have $900,000 in funding allocated across the three Grant Programs it is quite competitive with last year’s total funding requested across the three programs reaching over $1.5million”.
“To ensure the community have the best opportunities to gain funding for their projects, Councils’ Grants Officers support and host free Grant Writing Workshops, Grant Information and one-on-one grant Drop-in Sessions designed to help applicants better understand the process and improve the quality of their applications”.
The workshops and information sessions on offer include:
- Grant Writing Workshops: An independent workshop facilitator will guide community members on how to develop a project plan and funding application to increase the chance of success for not only Council’s Grant program but all grant programs.
- Wednesday, 10 May 2023 Erina Centre, Erina Fair – 5.30pm-8pm
- Thursday, 11 May 2023 Central Coast Council Administration Building Wyong – 10am-12.30pm
- Grant Information Sessions: To guide on Council’s Community Grant Programs with information on guidelines, eligibility, application process, grant management and timeframes.
- Wednesday, 31 May 2023, Erina Centre, Erina Fair – 5.30pm-7pm
- Thursday, 1 June 2023 Online – 2.30pm-4pm
- Wednesday, 7 June 2023 Online – 5pm-6.30pm
- Thursday, 8 June 2023 Central Coast Council Administration Building Wyong – 1pm-2.30pm
- Drop-in Session: One-on-one discussions with a Council Grants Officer to strengthen an application in accordance with the grant program guidelines.
- Thursday, 15 June 2023 Central Coast Council Administration Building Wyong – 9.30am-11.30am
- Thursday, 22 June 2023 Erina Centre, Erina Fair – 5pm-7pm
Council Administrator, Rik Hart said Council’s Community Grants Program, the information sessions and the workshops are aiming to build the community’s capacity to deliver innovative events, programs, and projects.
“With the information sessions and workshops on offer, this is an opportunity for community groups and organisations to strengthen their applications and submit initiatives that benefit our community and create a stronger Central Coast,” Mr Hart said.
Council’s 2023-23 Community Grants Program includes:
- Community Development Grant Program: Applications open 1-30 June 2023, with funding up to $20,000 per project available.
- Community Events and Place Activation Program: Applications open 1-30 June 2023 with funding up to $20,000, per activity available.
- Community Support Program: Applications remain open throughout the year, with up to $5,000 in funding available per project, per financial year.
For more information on the workshops and information sessions or to register your spot visit centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/grants