Central Coast Council has a huge two months of events and activities planned to help bring Town Centres back to life with the new reIMAGINE Festival aimed to support local businesses and creatives.
The festival will take place from December 2021 to January 2022 with a range of exciting programs across Gosford, Wyong, Woy Woy, Toukley, Terrigal, and The Entrance.
The reIMAGINE Festival program will include:
- Christmas activations delivered across the Coast throughout December including Christmas decorations and installations, festive workshops, Christmas themed photo booths and roving entrainment.
- NYE celebrations will look a little different this year, however The Entrance will still host fireworks at 9pm. Be sure to visit one of the delicious food businesses, grab a bite to eat, and head to Memorial Park to see the fireworks afterwards.
- Parkhouse @ Kibble in Gosford will host a range of interactive art exhibitions with locally made products available for purchase. There will also be a range of creative workshops for the community to participate in across December and January.
- Need refreshing? – pop in to the pop up in Kibble Park Gosford through January 2022 and taste a variety of local products.
- Creative Arena @ Woy Woy will host a range of workshops and exhibitions for the community to enjoy across December and January.
- Container Hub @ The Entrance in Memorial Park will host a Christmas installation in December along with a range of workshops and creative activities in January 2022.
- Australia Day will be celebrated with a month-long series of pool parties and activities popping up around the Coast in January. You can expect to see giant inflatables, circus activities, roving entertainment, delicious food stalls plus more. Plus, don’t miss out on fireworks on Australia Day Eve in two locations – The Entrance and Woy Woy.
- Town Centres will also see static and roving activations through December and January with everything from Christmas entertainment, Tai Chi classes, performances from local music artists, pop-up dining and food trucks, live mural painting and decorative lighting installations.
Council Unit Manager Community & Culture, Glenn Cannard said Council is pleased to be offering an exciting program designed to bring the community back together and provide an economic boost for local business and talent.
“The Central Coast has become a very popular holiday destination and with locals able to spend more time out now, as well as a number of visitors anticipated over the summer holidays, we are delighted to create these opportunities to steer them into our town centres to support our businesses,” Mr Cannard said.
“This reIMAGINE Festival has so much happening that it will bring the Coast back to life after lockdown by supporting our local businesses and showcasing our talented local creatives, artists, musicians and more. It will also give the community the chance to celebrate key events like Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Australia Day which we missed last year due to COVID.”
Council Administrator, Rik Hart said he is pleased to see that local business and creatives will get the support they need to reset after what has been a difficult year.
“Buildings make a town, but people make a community and Council is committed to strengthening our diverse population by creating new opportunities for connection and creativity,” Mr Hart said.
“Creating a liveable community means striking a balance between projects that support infrastructure development and economic growth, and others that enhance our quality of life, and I think this program of events and activities will bring hope and cheer back to the Coast after a difficult year for many.”
The reIMAGINE Festival is taking place from today until 30 January 2022 in our Town Centres across the Coast.