Central Coast Council has a jam-packed events calendar for the local community and visitors to enjoy, during the spring and summer months.
Whilst the events calendar has had some changes over the last few years, Council’s flagship events will return with favourites such as The Lakes Festival which is currently underway, Love Lanes, and Flavours by the Sea. This also includes much-loved community events such as New Year’s Eve at The Entrance, and Australia Day at Gosford celebrations.
Council Unit Manager Community and Culture, Glenn Cannard said the spring and summer months are set to provide an exciting event offering, with an eclectic mix of entertainment and activities for locals and visitors to enjoy.
“Events are an important part of our community framework, providing opportunity for residents, businesses, local creatives and visitors to connect,” Mr Cannard said.
“We also had a number of Event Expressions of Interest (EOI’s) go to market this year, allowing businesses and local community groups to submit their ideas to get involved and help take our local events to the next level.
“Due to the pandemic and also the extreme weather conditions experienced on the Central Coast, we have missed the opportunity to come together with our friends, family and neighbours over the past few years. The upcoming event season offers us all the chance to once again celebrate why we continue to live, work and play on the Central Coast.”
Council Administrator, Rik Hart said it is great to watch local events continue to grow, with the input of ideas and participation from residents and businesses.
“Our local events continue to get bigger and better, putting the Central Coast on the map as a favourable destination to visit,” Mr Hart said.
“Given that a number of Council’s major events are happening this spring and summer, we will undoubtedly see an increase in visitors to our region which brings with it an important economic boost for local businesses.”
- The Lakes Festival, Coastwide, 4-13 November 2022
- NYE, The Entrance, 31 December 2022
- Social Spaces, Coastwide, December 2022-May 2023
- Australia Day, Gosford, 26 January 2023
- Love Lanes, Wyong, 11 February 2023
Successful applicants for upcoming EOI events funded by Council:
- Christmas Carols at The Entrance – awarded by JC Entertainment, running in December 2022
- Christmas at Toukley – awarded to Toukley Neighbourhood Centre, running in December 2022
- Entrance Markets at Waterfront Plaza – awarded to Browse Events, run quarterly from now until June 2023
- Toukley Events – awarded to Toukley Hot Rod Show, running in March 2023
To view upcoming events near you, visit centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/events