Central Coast Council offices will be closed on the Australia Day public holiday on Thursday 26 January 2023.
Some of Council’s services and facilities are closed or have changes, however essential services will continue to operate.
- All Customer Service Centres will be closed.
- Customers can contact Council with non-emergency enquiries, requests, reporting issues or formal feedback through our online Customer Service Centre 24/7 at centralcoast.nsw.gov.au which will be progressed by our Customer Service Team during business hours.
- We have an out of hours service available on 02 4306 7900 to call in any urgent reports such as water main breaks, sewer issues or fallen trees over roads.
- More information on Council’s customer service.
LEISURE CENTRES AND POOLS
- Peninsula Leisure Centre, Gosford Olympic Pool, Toukley Aquatic Centre & Wyong Olympic Pool is open 10am to 4pm. There will be no learn to swim or fitness classes.
- Lakehaven Recreation Centre will be closed, however the 24-hour gym access is available with appropriate access tag.
- More information on leisure centres and pools.
- The 15 Central Coast beaches from Umina to The Lakes and the Grant McBride Baths (The Entrance) will be patrolled on the public holiday from 9am to 6pm. A mobile patrol at Budgewoi will operate as well.
- For information on Central Coast patrolled beaches.
- To see the open/close status of beaches on a weekend and public holidays, go to the BeachSafe website, org.au. This website also has beach condition information.
REGIONAL GALLERY and EDOGAWA COMMEMORATIVE GARDEN, GOSFORD
- Both Gallery and Café operating under usual operating hours for Gallery, 10.00am to 4.00pm.
- For information on Galleries or the Edogawa Commemorative Garden, Gosford
LAYCOCK ST THEATRE
- Box office will be closed. Tickets can be purchased through https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/theatres/whats-on
- For information on Laycock Street Theatre
- All library branches will be closed on the public holiday and resume regular operations from 9am the following day.
- All after hours chutes will be closed from COB day prior to the public holiday and will re-open from 9am the following day.
- Access Council’s eLibrary service 24/7 via centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/eLibrary
- Toukley Library will be available to customers inducted for Library@Yourtime
- For information on Library Services
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE CENTRES
- Closed on all public holidays. This has been communicated to all families through the Centres.
- For information on Early Childhood Education and Care Centres
WASTE SERVICES AND FACILITIES
- All residential waste collection services continue as normal on public holidays. Visit 1coast.com.au for more information, to report missed services, book bulk pick ups and more.
- Woy Woy and Buttonderry Waste Management Facilities will be open, with public holiday hours of operation of 8.00am to 4.00pm.
- Additional public waste bin services have been provided at high usage locations.
- For information on waste services and facilities.
WATER AND SEWER
- Any water service interruptions are listed on Council’s website.
- Urgent water or sewer issues (such as a spill, leak, bubbling water, water decolourisation or no water pressure) should be reported to Council by phoning 02 4306 7900 immediately so we can assess and respond as soon as possible.
- For information on water and sewer.
ANIMAL CARE FACILITIES / DOGS
- Animal Care Facilities are closed on public holidays.
- Dog attacks, lost or roaming dogs – If you witness a dog attack or are attacked by a dog, please report it to Council as soon as possible on 02 4306 7900, or call 000 if emergency services are required. If you see a roaming or unleashed dog do not attempt to restrain it, however, please report it to Council on 02 4306 7900. You can also report your own lost dog to Council on 02 4306 7900.
VISITOR INFORMATION CENTRE, THE ENTRANCE
- The Visitor Information Centre will be open from 9.30am – 3.30pm.
- Central Coast visitor information is also online, and Council’s destination website, Love Central Coast.
- Major road closures for Council managed roads are posted on Council’s Facebook page (outside business hours/public holidays) or on Council’s road closure web page (during business hours). For traffic updates visit Live Traffic NSW (livetraffic.com) or call 132 701.
- Gosford event road closures (Thursday 26 January 2023) – The following roads will be closed to vehicles on Thursday 26 January for the community event being held at Leagues Club Park on the Australia Day public holiday:
- Georgiana Terrace between Dane Drive and Baker Street will be closed for the duration of the event.
- Baker Street between Georgiana Terrace and Vaughan Ave will be closed for the duration of the event.
- Vaughan Avenue will be closed to through traffic for the duration of the event.
- Dane Drive between the roundabout of Brian McGowan Bridge and Donnison Street will be closed for the duration of the event.
- Brian McGowan Bridge. A 40km/h speed reduction will be in place on Brian McGowan Bridge from 8:30pm to 9:30pm.
For urgent reports or issues, call Council on 02 4306 7900. Non-urgent reports, requests and enquiries can be lodged online through Council’s online Customer Service Centre